Week 3

This week we had a team meeting with Libby Wayman who helped us refine our product development strategy. The session was insightful, particularly when understanding best practices for maintaining ideas and organizing risk analysis/brainstorming. We established a set of criteria that we would like our device to fulfill in terms of its functionality and design and I think that will be useful moving forward and we move into the refining/implementation phases.

In terms of the prototype itself, the prototype team recently developed a new non-return valve using a laser cut plastic ring and part of a yogurt lid. We tested it out and there is still be a bit of leaking, which is fine; we’ll probably need to use some sort of seal around the yogurt lid so there’s no room for water to get past it. Nonetheless, the concept looks like it will work well, and we’re looking forward to testing that further next week. Also, the testing team is interested in focusing more on the dosing, so we made a chlorine sample that is actually representative of the bulk chlorine we’ll be getting in Dhaka (5.25%). If we optimize our device to work with the standard chlorine we get in Dhaka, the project will be more sustainable and easier to implement, so that’s one our next steps moving forward.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s