Week 4 Prototype Update

This week we tried out different check valves. Last week we prototyped a very crude check valve using a laser cut ring (thanks, Keegan!) and a yogurt top. This week we used this same design idea but substituted the yogurt top with a better material – rubber. We installed this improved check valve into a section of pipe with a venturi device to be tested. We also tried out a store bought check valve made of mostly PVC and found that it worked really well without making pumping any more difficult. Either way, we now have something to prevent our source barrel from getting contaminated with chlorine for better testing!

Also this week, Keegan and Yoshika rocked it at the Social E-Challenge! We now have another device schematic this time complete with a name and logo. 🙂

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s