Week 6 Prototype Update

This week the we helped out with testing the new set up with non return valves on each side of the device. From this we discovered that a significant amount of back-flow actually came from leaking between the pump and pipe connection.  We first tied towels around the pipe to soak up this leaking, but the towels would get saturated within 5 min. So, Yoshika fashioned a water catcher from a 2 liter soda bottle and that worked pretty well. For future testing, we plan to permanently attach a small section of pipe to the pump with putty to hopefully stop the leaking.

Among other tests, we tested the chlorine tank height effect on dosing. We did a very crude, very drastic test – we testing the dosing with the chlorine tank on the floor and then with the chlorine tank on top of the platform. We found that there was a difference in dosing so we know that height does effect dosing, but we will have to do more tests to determine exactly how much.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s